Northern Hospital Joint Replacement Center
The Northern Hospital Joint Replacement Center offers a unique patient experience for those in need of hip or knee replacements. Each step is designed to encourage the best results leading to a discharge from the hospital two to three days after surgery.
The goal is to return you to an active lifestyle as quickly as possible. We believe the patient plays a key role in promoting a successful recovery. Patients and their families attend educational classes prior to surgery to help them understand what to expect every step of the way.
Unique features of the program include:
- Experienced Board-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Dedicated nurses and therapist trained to work with total joint replacement patients
- Private rooms
- Family and friends participating as coaches in the recovery process
- A Joint Care Coordinator who coordinates your care
- A Case Management team who coordinates your discharge planning
- A comprehensive PATIENT GUIDE for you to follow from six weeks before surgery until three months after surgery
- SPECIAL CLASSES for patients scheduled for joint replacement surgery