Employee Benefits at Northern Hospital Of Surry County
NHSC’s interest is in being sensitive to the changing needs of each employee as well as the diverse needs of all employees. Our Northern $elect Program was designed to give eligible employees the opportunity to select the benefits and coverage levels that are right for them.
In addition to the plans offered in the Northern $elect Program, NHSC offers many other types of benefits to its employees. Also, a number of the programs (such as Social Security, workers' compensation, and unemployment insurance) cover all employees in the manner prescribed by law.
Benefits eligibility is dependent upon a variety of factors, including employee classification. The Human Resources Department will assist employees in identifying and explaining all of the programs and eligibility requirements (if any) to employees.
Benefits available include:
• Vision Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Short Term Disability Insurance
• Long Term Disability Insurance
• Medical Reimbursement Account
• Daycare Reimbursement Account
• Life Insurance
• Supplemental Life Insurance
• Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Northern $elect Retirement Plan (403(b) and 457(b) )
• Wellness Reimbursement Program
• 529 College Savings Plan
• Roth IRA
• Paid Time Off
• Bereavement Leave
• Educational Assistance & Scholarships
• Corporate rate discounts on memberships to ProHealth Fitness Center, Reeves Community Center, and Armfield Civic Center.